A sampling of work.
project management, stakeholder consultation & facilitation - Ontario's cycling strategy
#CycleOn: Ontario’s Cycling Strategy includes the development and implementation of standardized cycling education that will increase safety and decrease accidents of cyclists, increase active transportation in Ontario, increase participation in cycling as a sport, and improve the health of Ontarians. I provided project management and facilitation services for the research and stakeholder consultation phase of the development of these standards.
Service provision included:
- A comparative literature review of existing best practice in cycling education around the world
- Project planning
- Stakeholder communications
- Focus group design, development, and delivery
- Production of a preliminary findings report
- Online stakeholder survey design and development
- Focus group & survey data transcription, synthesis & analysis
- Production of a 35 page final report including process information, comparative review, focus group & survey findings, and final recommendations
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION & WRITING - REGIONAL DAYTIME TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
Client: L'Arche Ontario
L'Arche Ontario contracted my services to conduct research, consult with stakeholders, develop a comprehensive project plan, and produce a funding proposal for the L'Arche Ontario Regional Daytime Transformation Project.
With a critical need to create meaningful daytime opportunities for adults with intellectual disabilities, L’Arche Ontario’s Regional Daytime Transformation Project was developed to enable L’Arche communities across Ontario to reach their potential; to take a hard look at the supports that they provide, ask the tough questions, and create sustainable and responsive support models that will help individuals with intellectual disabilities realize their own potential as people and as contributing members of society.
Service provision included:
- Provincial service delivery audit – daytime programming.
- Design and delivery of stakeholder consultations (via key informant interviews with Executive Directors and program implementers across Ontario).
- Development of a project plan (project specifics, scope, cost, timelines) for a 4-phase project.
- Development of a project grant proposal.
L’Arche communities around the world are made up of people with and without intellectual disabilities who share life together. L'Arche is a unique vision of care giving and community building that fosters inclusion, understanding and belonging. L'Arche Ontario serves adults with intellectual disabilities in nearly 200 homes in 9 communities across Ontario.
Project management - ophea's hands up for health & physical literacy
Completed as Full-Time Project Lead
HANDS UP is a 3-part multi-media resource that supports inter-disciplinary health promotion professionals across Ontario and around the world. Using a comprehensive project management approach, I lead HANDS UP from inception to implementation. HANDS UP was initiated in response to the need for increased multi-media resources to support teachers as well as interdisciplinary professionals in recreation, health promotion, social services, and education. This project was rooted in stakeholder and public consultations. Concept testing was designed and delivered in the format of focus groups that engaged both inter-sectoral stakeholders (recreation, education, health promotion, non-profit, and social services) and end-user demographics (parents). The development stage also included public & stakeholder consultation in the form of focus groups designed and delivered to inter-sectoral stakeholders in addition to end-user groups (students from ages 7-17). Project planning included a multi-pronged marketing and dissemination strategy that ultimately lead to this resource becoming a staple in classrooms and recreation programs across Ontario and around the world. Ophea's previous top-lining Youtube video had 900 views. An aggressive target was set at 20,000 views. We reached that goal immediately and the video now has over 120,000 views and is used internationally to promote healthy active living.
communications - branding strategy & implementation
Completed as Director of Development: L'Arche Toronto
As part of a comprehensive rebranding strategy, I transformed L'Arche Toronto's marketing and communications materials including: the annual report, organizational brochures, and program outreach materials. The rebranding strategy began with a research and consultation phase including focus group design and facilitation, stakeholder engagement, and collaboration with the national arm of the organization. The annual report was redeveloped from a single-page paper brochure to a 20 page high impact book. Print sponsorships were secured to produce a beautiful and professional document. L'Arche Toronto's brochure was also revitalized from a single page printout to a beautiful card stock trifold featuring high impact imagery, infographics, and a perforated donation card.
STRATEGIC GROWTH & RECRUITMENT
Client: Remax Hallmark Agent Semone Duerr
Semone Duerr has been a sought after agent for over 15 years. She contracted my services for strategic development, recruitment, and capacity-building.
Service provision included:
- Development of a business growth strategy
- Development of an annualized engagement map
- Development of a year 1 workplan, with subsequent workplans to be developed following the evaluation and analysis of year 1 targets
- Recruitment, orientation, and training of administrative staff
- Provision of project management, communications, and events planning tools